Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

The Microwave

I remember the time we got our first microwave….. I went with my Mom to JC Penny’s so that she could find the one she wanted. I was probably around 9 years old and after we got it home, all I wanted her to do was to make me a cheese sandwich so that I could watch it melt….23 years later, my mom still has the same one….she says it works fine and she doesn’t need a new one….
Yeah…I’m probably a bad daughter for drawing that last picture….but then again….after my mom and dad got a divorce….she met and married someone I knew since I was 5 years old……so I don’t feel to bad…..
I was weirded out a little at first, but it wasn’t like I ever went out with the guy or even had a crush on him in the least. He was more of an acquaintance than anything else....
WOW!!!! I don’t know how my story got so off track….Microwaves….I was talking about microwaves…..ok…….



Since the recent apartment fire, I didn’t realize just how much I relied on my microwave. So much in fact, that it would take me a second to realize there were other alternatives…..


When I got home yesterday, after work and running a few errands, I popped a Turkey Pot pie into the oven.





I now have a new microwave and life is total bliss …..




”I’ve never seen someone so happy over a microwave.” Someone said.
”Live without one for a few weeks, and you’ll want to make love to it the next time you have one.” I replied…..



The End

4 comments:

  1. hahahahahaha

    the kindergarten class of 1982 cracked me up like you wouldn't believe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed your comment on Velocigoose's page back here and think I'll stick around for a look. Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol..thanks :) I just started this blog, so I'm not sure where I'm going with it yet. I just hope I can keep it up.

    ReplyDelete